Tuesday, January 8, 2013

If You Build It...

Although I have "big picture" plans to model the Willow Grove (Millvale, PA) area, I have decided that a test layout is called for first.  A test layout will allow me to experiment with track and scenery techniques in T-gauge.  You see, although I have done a great deal of work on rolling stock, I have not done much (or any) layout modelling in 1:450 scale!  Time to get busy, as they say.   I intend to make just a simple loop on a small 24"x36" table, but throw in some prototype references based on another B&O prototype (Etna PA).  The layout will be portable as well, and I hope to display it at some train shows and thereby help to "get the word out" on T-gauge.



In the picture you see the highly complex benchwork and layout base ;-).  It's actually just some very cheap plastic shelving, glued with construction adhesive to the bottom of a piece of pink foam board.  The legs are drilled through with some 1-1/2-in metal screws to hold them secure.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com