Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Track Progress

Had a little time to work on the track this weekend, I put down some additional ballast and playing around with the technique a bit. It's pretty forgiving-- I'm finding some bits I didn't like I can patch up.  Little scraps of roadbed can be rolled up a-la playdoh worms and spread where needed.   The ballasting is being affixed after arranging with a brush with a shot of dullcote, then a few drops of thinned matte medium after that has dried.  

This corner is Etna, BG tower will sit in the corner closest to the camera.  I need to add the ex-PRR industrial track to the Tippins Machine Works, which will be a 70-degree (or so) crossing.  The crossing will be non-functional.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com