Thursday, August 15, 2019

New Products.


I wanted to share some updates.

Latest new models:

--GP38/39/-2, with etched handrails.  This model can be built with or without dynamic brakes. I made the decals myself, printed on an inkjet.


-- 2-bay and 4-bay Covered Hoppers.  The 4 bay covered hopper can be built with either grain hatches (long rectangular ones) or round hatches on top.   The 2-bay hopper pictured here features decals from CMR Products.

-- I couldn't remember if I posted pictures of the FP7 model, but here's one I did in Conrail patch paint job.  This kit allows you to build with several different variations of fuel tank skirt and nose details.  These are also CMR/Netzlof Design decals.


-- I saved the best rolling stock for last.  The GE U25B.  This features AAR-B type trucks, and etched brass handrails.  The decals are from CMR Products (and can be used on most Conrail diesels.)   Also notice the little searchlight signal I threw together on a whim.  I made this out of a piece of .03 nickle silver rod and a target from one of the etched crossing signals.  The hood is .05 tube cut in half.  The target is actually quite small--should be 2.5-3mm, however would be prototypic for a few applications like on the NYC.

Some other things I have cooked up in preparation for the Princeton Jct. module are etched brass catenary and PRR style signal gantry.  The side braces for the signal gantry need to be corrected but the catenary looks decent.  That is 0.5mm styrene square rod for the poles.



1 comment:

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com