Saturday, June 1, 2019

Recent Projects

I've been working a lot on finishing up some prototype models including an FP7A, GG1, and F7A.  Probably the most exciting is the GG1, which is designed to accept a custom drive mechanism designed by fellow T-scaler Joe Malinchak (Joe has also done some amazing steam engines in T-scale).  My version is a static model,but could be switched at some point;  I mainly just wanted to work out how the etched details (pantograph) worked and if I could do a respectable Amtrak paint scheme. 
The FP7 is sitting in the background;  Neither model has been weathered yet.  I also designed the catenary for a PRR installation as well as a PRR signal bridge and CPL signal heads... another project on the schedule.

Currently I'm painting up a true "classic", the ATSF "Warbonnet" passenger paint scheme on an F7A.  The F-unit was an old design I recently updated, and it's actually been updated since with louvers.  This was mainly a challenge on the decorating side because the warbonnet scheme is pretty complicated and light colors like yellow (or even a good solid red) can't be done on any color other than white.  So I masked all the colors, even the thin yellow and red striping.  The lettering and black pinstripes are inkjet decals.  I'll post pics when I finish it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com