Friday, February 8, 2019

How to Buy Jesse's / CCE Model Kits

I have continuously striven to improve my models which typically means adding finer and more details to my 3D printed designs offered on Shapeways (CCE Models).  HOWEVER.... Shapeways is not consistent in what it will print and sometimes even the quality of printing-- although my experience has usually been positive.   I have yet to see a home-based printer that offers this quality and convenience.

Not long ago Shapeways started offering a service called "Print It Anyway" for designers who push the limits of the technology--basically shifting the risk of trying to print something very small or fine (such as 1:450 scale air horns) onto the designer.  This service is NOT offered to the general public, however.  The end result being that I, as a designer, can order models that the general public cannot.

I recently had a customer order the SW1200 model kit only to be rejected by Shapeways.  I have printed this model at least three times previously and have constructed the model successfully.  I expressed my frustration to Shapeways however they are stuck in their procedures.  My solution is to make the models myself and ship them directly to customers.

So if you want any of my models on Shapeways, just drop me an email and let me know (ccetrains@gmail.com) what you want.  I will quote you and upon approval will order them myself and re-ship to you.  I will accept payment via PayPal.  As an added service, I will also clean and primer the models, and even do custom assembly and decoration if you so desire.

Best Regards,

Jesse  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com