Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Princeton Jct. in T-Scale Concept

When I was a teenager, I accompanied my sister and mother on a trip east to look at colleges.  One stop was at Princeton.  I requested to be dropped off at the Princeton Jct. station on the Northeast Corridor and spent a great afternoon watching and photographing E60's, GG1's, Conrail and SEPTA trains.

Fast-forward 40 years and I am thinking about an idea for a T-scale layout/diorama of the Princeton Jct. station that would allow for a 4-track mainline under catenary, with Conrail diesels and Amtrak trains. 


Which got me thinking of developing a few models in T-scale to use on such a layout.  I have 3 prototypes in the works that would fit nicely.  They all still need refinement but I am making progress.



One of the other benefits is I am developing an internal bearing bogie which can also be used on the bi-level coaches.  Still, lots of work to do but I'm very productive lately.  The biggest snag is the cycle time to get prototypes from Shapeways.  Speaking of which, several models previously mentioned are on the way and/or being revised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com