Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Trucks and Trucks and Horns Oh My

Long overdue for a rework/development effort were the Blomberg trucks.  After all, there's a GP40, and MP36, FP7's all needing proper 4-axle trucks.  Originally these were just sideframes so I created dummy trucks from them.  I also improved the Blomberg B trucks (the older ones) and created Blomberg "M" trucks which are the more modern ones with the dampener on the leading axle. 

A semi trailer was also in the offing.  Pretty simple when it comes down to it and I'll be making 40', 45' and 48' versions as well.


What does a GP40 or an RDC need to warn 1:450 scale trucks at grade?  A horn of course!



All of these are in test printing right now and if they come out ok I'll release them on the Shapeways shop.

How about one of these ex Lackawana/EL electric MU cars?  I'm about 75% done with one...



And still working on a semi-scale knuckle coupler.  It's really difficult because of limitations on materials... but it will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments but the best way to ensure I see them promptly is to email me directly at ccetrains@gmail.com